• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post Your Last Purchase

And now, for something completely different ...

The topic. :p

All installed.

duet2016.jpg

Upvote 0
Expect a full review, but i'm not expecting cutting edge. The overwhelming consensus is it's an average smartwatch that looks like a real, quality timepiece. That's what sold me.

What has me most curious, though is performance as it's one of the the few Android wear devices to use the Intel Atom processor.

Upvote 0
I'm curious about your new smart watch as well luna, twice over in fact. I love Fossil watches and also interested in the processor performance.

Now, my last purchase. I am certain some of you have seen the commercials for the "Dawn of Justice" Jeep Renegades...
Well I didn't want the Jeep, but I did covet the badges - yea I needed some stinkin badges. So behold the ultra rare Forte5 Dawn of Justice Edition. :D The badge was much closer to my budget.
CiyMi3wUoAAAfv1.jpg

Upvote 0
So for those keeping track here's what should be the last watch purchase for a very long time, the 24-hour movement (meaning the hour hand only circles once for a 24-hour period). This one is a bit of history, too, since it was made in the former USSR. It's in excellent shape for a watch that's approximately 25 years old. I do need to align the movement in the case (you can see it's a bit rotated to the right) once it arrives from Russia, but that is pretty simple to do with these.

Yes, it's kind of a novelty, but it should be a fun novelty. I'll have to learn how to tell time all over again, too. Hopefully it's not too many numbers. ;)

View attachment 105064
We've heard that before. Until the next watch. ;) What you need it a 12-step program with a Swiss movement. :D

Upvote 0
Since Wednesday I bought two leg braces, a pair of crutches, prescription pain killers, an urgent care visit and a visit with the orthopedic center. HAHA. Ouch. Took a misstep and rolled my ankle but really messed my knee up. It's much better today but I swear I have never been in so much pain. Silly tendons and ligaments. OUCH.

Upvote 0
Since Wednesday I bought two leg braces, a pair of crutches, prescription pain killers, an urgent care visit and a visit with the orthopedic center. HAHA. Ouch. Took a misstep and rolled my ankle but really messed my knee up. It's much better today but I swear I have never been in so much pain. Silly tendons and ligaments. OUCH.
I'm not going to "like" your post as that would suck :(
Spending money on medical always sucks :)
Sorry to hear that bud!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones