• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post Your Last Purchase

I've coached for about 5 years and yes, each coaches bag normally has a big and small bat for the boys that don't have the means to have their own. So yeah, our little town league has had to buy 2 bats per team, which takes away from scholarships, field maintenance, uniforms, and anything else we do with the dues and fundraisers.

If it was for safety, then I get it. But this is for performance. They even say it in the explanation. My best understanding is that they are trying to make aluminum / composite bats react like wood bats, some coefficient of bouncy or something like that.

It is sad to say that there will be a lot of boys using a bat that is a bit to short / light or long / heavy this year. I'm happy I have the means to get Evan a properly sized bat for him. But fear not, Rawlings, Louisville Slugger, etc. will be having a great year. And some suits in Little League, Babe Ruth, Cal Ripken, and whoever else was involved can pat themselves on the back for accomplishing whatever it is they think the accomplished.

As far as the glove, youth gloves aren't made with the quality they were when we were kids, but are better fitted to small hands, and are made with materials that don't take as long to break in. My son wore a hole in the palm, which only comes from use. I can't really complain about that. This glove I just bought will probably be outgrown in a year or two, at which point I'll buy the lifetime glove (yes they still make those, but they cost about $250). Even though my baseball days are behind me, I still enjoy a game of catch in the back yard. :)
Oh I too love the game. I played and when the time came I coached. A very rich and enhancing experience for all involved. I hate to see the sport be a revenue stream for equipment companies. Especially when they obsolete a gazillion bats with a vote. I call BS on that. A real sham.

There wasn't such a thing as a youth glove when I was a kid. My glove was far too large for me but I eventually grew into it. There is a hole where I hooked my index finger into the leather to keep the glove on when I started. I dug it out of the closet when I posted the details about it earlier. The leather is still supple and it's far from worn out. It was built to last and it has. But, it was way too big to begin with and I used it all through the leagues and high school ball.
I then played catch with my son and coached with it. Perhaps cheaply made but the correct size is a better avenue. However, I have a strange attachment to that old glove. A side note: I found four of my son's gloves in the closet too. Progressively getting larger and better made. :)

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0
Replacement battery for Toshiba laptop.
battery.jpg

Of course that brand always reminds me of Ian Dury.
"Hello Tosh, gotta Toshiba?"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was expecting this. At the end of last year the waterfall pump for our pond was making a grinding noise like the bearings were starting to fail. Tried to fire up the pump to clean out the pond and the whole thing was seized up. Oh well, I usually get two or three years from a pump running 24/7 for about 9 months a year. Mind you this isn't an "official" pond pump, but a submersible sump. The stainless steel construction makes it ideal for pond use, though. (and it's cheaper)

418PY3cE3DL.jpg

Upvote 0
I have some of those Luna, they live up to Anker's standard. I swear by them, even if they are a bit more costly then others. Especially the woven ones pictured.

Anker had some sketchy A-to-C cables early on (missing the required 56k resistor, if I'm remembering correctly) but have since shaped things up. I love their braided cables.
those braided cables are pretty nice, Lol

Upvote 0
This month I have been spending more money than I should and that's because it's sorta essential stuff, buying goodies that my nephews want but now that I'm past that, I won't have to now. I don't mind spending money with them but then again they're not my kids.. well, not having kids of my own is my own fauilt. lol

I really want to change that. xD

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I finally refused to replace the color ink in my HP all in one printer just because it's time stamp had expired. Though a nice printer, it's cost me a fortune in ink that I haven't used. Instead of buying another 60 dollar ink pack I spent 100 dollars on a laser printer.
Cheap printer that I hope will serve me well.
Brother HL-L2730DW
images

Upvote 0
Although I technically purchased it on pre-order in February, Yamaha just shipped out the PSR-S975 Workstation and I just got it. That's the one sitting atop my old Yamaha Portable Grand. She's a thing of beauty and it will do just about anything but make me a sammich!

:D

20180430_192732.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I finally refused to replace the color ink in my HP all in one printer just because it's time stamp had expired. Though a nice printer, it's cost me a fortune in ink that I haven't used. Instead of buying another 60 dollar ink pack I spent 100 dollars on a laser printer.
Cheap printer that I hope will serve me well.
Brother HL-L2730DW

Those are nice little printers @olbriar. We use them here at work for the executives to have a personal printer in their offices rather than have to get up and print confidential documents on the print server.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones