• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post your photos!

My boy....being a boy:D
IMAG0224_ZOESHOT001_1_zps22723095.jpg

Upvote 0
Here are some straight out of the phone pics from this weekend.

i-MqLzfv2-L.jpg

A Bike, A Babe, and BBQ. What more could a guy need? :p

Any post processing on these? What's going on with Photo 2? The right side of the building and windmill/pump tower appear to be all bowed out... Optical illusion, Bad panorama stitching, or over active Optical Image Stabilization?

Upvote 0
A Bike, A Babe, and BBQ. What more could a guy need? :p

Any post processing on these? What's going on with Photo 2? The right side of the building and windmill/pump tower appear to be all bowed out... Optical illusion, Bad panorama stitching, or over active Optical Image Stabilization?

No post processing at all on those, straight out of the camera.

I too noticed the issues with that photo and I think I am going to blame it on optical stabilization since it was just a point and shoot, no panorama involved.

Reactions: PyroSporker
Upvote 0
And here's an example of a semi-macro shot I took of a souvenir dish from my latest trip to Hawaii.

The first one was taken with 0 saturation, and the second was after I'd changed the saturation settings in the Camera to +1. (In camera mode, hit the ... logo, scroll to "Image Adjustments" and then slide the bar on Saturation over to +1)

At 0 Saturation

IMAG0076_zpsac027cab.jpg

At +1 Saturation

IMAG0077_zpsd5845235.jpg

I think the real life dish + golfball are somewhere in between the two shots, but the +1 Saturated sure looks prettier.

Upvote 0
Here are a few.

I notice that the camera's pictures aren't as saturated as other smartphones pics tend to be, that being said there are plenty of available photo-edit programs out there that can punch up any picture before you send it to a friend, etc.

No post-processing involved in either of these.

IMAG0073_zps203b3fb0.jpg

IMAG0064_zpsa87fc196.jpg

Man, now I'm hungry, but have an irresistible urge to golf... :p

Upvote 0
And here's an example of a semi-macro shot I took of a souvenir dish from my latest trip to Hawaii.

The first one was taken with 0 saturation, and the second was after I'd changed the saturation settings in the Camera to +1. (In camera mode, hit the ... logo, scroll to "Image Adjustments" and then slide the bar on Saturation over to +1)

At 0 Saturation

IMAG0076_zpsac027cab.jpg

At +1 Saturation

IMAG0077_zpsd5845235.jpg

I think the real life dish + golfball are somewhere in between the two shots, but the +1 Saturated sure looks prettier.

I want a preset that sits right in between those two (maybe a tiny contrast increase too). I've always thought the steps taken by the saturation settings were too great. They need to be broken down to smaller increments.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
I want a preset that sits right in between those two (maybe a tiny contrast increase too). I've always thought the steps taken by the saturation settings were too great. They need to be broken down to smaller increments.

You can set custom presets if you didn't know. I made a custom black and white, the standard BnW edit is probably the worst looking BnW I've ever seen

Reactions: Hadron and EarlyMon
Upvote 0
You can set custom presets if you didn't know. I made a custom black and white, the standard BnW edit is probably the worst looking BnW I've ever seen

Sorry, but on all my phones I have only been able to set saturation to whole numbers thus far. Are you saying the One lets you set saturation to, say...
0.5 or 0.7?

Upvote 0
Sorry, but on all my phones I have only been able to set saturation to whole numbers thus far. Are you saying the One lets you set saturation to, say...
0.5 or 0.7?

Well it doesn't have numbers to the side for an exact digit. But it's a slider you move up or down. If you long press a preset effect, it'll show custom and u just drag it over there. Then you can move everything to your liking.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones