• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post your Screenshots and Wallpaper!

OK so technically this is not a wallpaper. But I think it isn't out of place here since it is kinda a screenshot. Its not fancy but its mine. Took me all of 10 minutes to do this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXhxw4NzlDw
Again, nothing like the real experts are putting out but it works for me.

On a related note someone, [TSD maybe?] said something about making you tube videos and posting them here. Honestly, thats a pretty damn good idea. I created a second account on you tube. I'm not claiming to be an expert on the SF. However, I know a thing or two about a thing or two. So potentially if it would benefit others, I'd be willing to make some this is how you vids. After this first one I think I'd have to do one on the bootanimation.zip. Seems so many people try to do this and get it wrong i.e. blank, black boot screen. This would naturally lead to a Root Explorer Walk Thru and then away we could go from there. I see so many people who cannot put the words on the screen into mental imagery. They do say a picture is worth a thousand words. By all means any of the other vets in here might wanna jump on this train. We could eventually have an entire thread of just how to vids. There's some things I know but some things I dont. For instance, a lot of you in here have really spectacular wallpapers/themes/etc. I dont at all. So if you have a niche, post a vid of it. What seems special about the SF section is the quality and quantity of really helpful people. We'll see where this goes.

That's wicked awesome!!
Can't wait to see other videos, you've been soo helpful and knowledgeable.

Reactions: saps
Upvote 0
That's wicked awesome!!
Can't wait to see other videos, you've been soo helpful and knowledgeable.
Thanks for the kind words TSD. I assure you others have helped me much more than I've helped them. I give as much knowledge as I have to share but far and away I received 10X more from this forum it has from me.

OK so I finally ditched the pure black wallpaper, kinda. Its still mostly black. But my son loves Naruto so. Its still very simple. I still am minimalistic, only the one small BW widget.
So here is new boot and shutdown with sounds back on via string codes.
Semi-grand tour. I have 7 home screens but the other six are just a 4x5 of apps nothing fancy or worth showcasing.

Boot w/sound
http://www.youtube.com/user/AFsaps#p/a/u/1/11QEmexdJHkhttp://www.youtube.com/user/AFsaps#p/a/u/1/11QEmexdJHk

Main Homescreen
snap20101030_195048.png

Shutdown w/sound
http://www.youtube.com/user/AFsaps#p/a/u/0/QXgF1w0K2kYhttp://www.youtube.com/user/AFsaps#p/u/0/QXgF1w0K2kY

Not sure why those links arent showing up as playable you tube vids?

Reactions: Halcyon
Upvote 0
My current (cluttered) setup. Man, I need to work on this :eek:
Also (like saps), here are my custom bootup/shutdown animations and sounds :D
Sorry, they're sideways :rolleyes:
Apologize for the mega-post...
Nice work Maz, told you it was cake. BTW, do you set on boot in set cpu. I was timing your boot and shutdown and its a bit slower than mine. Maybe you dont care and thats fine but you could maybe shave 10-12 seconds off your time from button on to puzzle screen if you know for sure your kernel is stable. Might be that Im at 1200 but that should not make that much difference I see you got voodoo too.

Upvote 0
Nice work Maz, told you it was cake. BTW, do you set on boot in set cpu. I was timing your boot and shutdown and its a bit slower than mine. Maybe you dont care and thats fine but you could maybe shave 10-12 seconds off your time from button on to puzzle screen if you know for sure your kernel is stable. Might be that Im at 1200 but that should not make that much difference I see you got voodoo too.

Yeah my bootup and shutdown times are pretty slow. I noticed that the animation I use is about 10 or so frames longer than the yellow colorburst scribble, however, I think that would have a negligible effect. No I don't yet have SetCPU set on boot, I had been testing my kernel out all week and honestly forgot to try it. Was there anything specific I should do to test it out? I set it to performance and ran a bunch of benchmarks and such and nothing of note came of that. I wasn't sure what other things I could do to test the stability of the kernel out.

Upvote 0
Yeah my bootup and shutdown times are pretty slow. I noticed that the animation I use is about 10 or so frames longer than the yellow colorburst scribble, however, I think that would have a negligible effect. No I don't yet have SetCPU set on boot, I had been testing my kernel out all week and honestly forgot to try it. Was there anything specific I should do to test it out? I set it to performance and ran a bunch of benchmarks and such and nothing of note came of that. I wasn't sure what other things I could do to test the stability of the kernel out.
After a day or two you just know a kernel is stable or not. The occasional lock up is not a problem. As long as you're ok just set on boot. The only kernel I would not do this on is the 1250LV as I get more than infrequent lock ups with that

Reactions: Mazeraski
Upvote 0
I got mine off gizmodo
I know we're all fun-ing. Its not like she has a patten. I used to run a certain avatar until SirKronan stole it from me:rolleyes: but that was actually a good thing because then I saw like 4-5 other people had the same icon [the superuser icon]. So I branched out. Had the droid with the superman crest. Now I just have this

Upvote 0
From Left to Right, Using Launcher Pro Plus, Incognito Theme @ http://bit.ly/bTwMKZ

Engadget Widget, ESPN Scorecenter (Themed), google search, Vlingo widget
snap20101031_141241.png

Launcher Pro Plus Twitter
snap20101031_141244-1.png

Launcher Pro Plus Facebook
snap20101031_141725.png

Beautiful Widgets (Themed) , BatteryLife, Beautiful SIlent and Vibrate, Power Control Widget (Themed)
snap20101031_141304-1.png

Launcher Pro Plus Calendar
snap20101031_141443-1.png

Launcher Pro Plus Agenda Same Screen as Calendar, there is an agenda Tab
snap20101031_141454-1.png

Islamic Prayer Times, Launcher Pro Plus Bookmarks Widget, Froyo Youtube
snap20101031_141314-1.png

Android Stitched Background from Zedge

AndroidStich_14.jpg

Upvote 0
Reactions: nader2013 and saps
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones