• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post Your UK Mobile Internet Speeds

What Mobile Internet Speeds Do You Get On Your UK HTC Desire. (Download Speeds In Poll)

• 0-1 Mbps

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • 1-2 Mbps

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • 2-3 Mbps

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • 3-4 Mbps

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • 4-5 Mbps

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • 5-6 Mbps

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6-7 Mbps

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • 7-8 Mbps

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8+ Mbps

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters

williamj1

Android Enthusiast
Sep 11, 2010
UK
So I thought I would make a thread where we can all post and discuss the mobile internet speeds we get on our different networks. I'm curious to see which networks are best and if they vary much. I'm finding mine pretty slow atm too.

Try and post...

- Network
- Speeds (Upload and Download)
For me...

02-UK (GiffGaff)
Edinburgh

Usually about 1.5MB download speeds.
Usually about 0.7MB upload speeds.

------------------------------
MODS: Please don't move this to a general android section. I'm interested to see what speeds fellow UK Desire users get only. As we are all aware, the speed and signal can vary greatly depending on the
device. Thanks.

i have averaged my speeds over a week at where i am most and as im one week in south london and 1 week in berkshire i have worked out the average based on nearest host on the speedtest.net app london and the maidenhead server when im in berkshire , and i thought it only right to test every hour minus the 2 or 3 im asleep to get a more covered reading in peak and off peak times to try get a steady guide to see wether i am getting good sppeds or i need to change provider

ok over a week in south london speedtest.net averaged 2.6 mb download and 0.7 upload

and over a week in berkshire going off the maidenhead server averaged 3.5 mb download and 1.6mb upload

ping for both london and berkshire is always 100-200ms but has got as low as 21ms

oh im on 3uk btw

Upvote 0
I was born in Grimsby :)

Who is that on the Bike? Is that you?

The great Carl Fogarty, back when he had an intrest in CCM motorcycles.

2944.jpg

I used to own the same bike a few years back...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones