• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post Your Vehicles!

what do you drive? i have a '99 Silverado on 35's with a 9.5" lift!
456291_10150818555486845_1051282601_o.jpg

2012 Chevy Cruze for me. Bought it brand new last year November and I love it. Turbo charged 4 cylinder

in the second and last picture you can see my previous car haha 1982 Chevy Malibu Classic. I was the 2nd owner of it haha
How is the trans in yours? I have to get used to mine..it shifts differently than my last car but from what I hear, it's normal. Like when you are stopped at a light, apparently the trans shifts into neutral, then when you take your foot off the brake to put it on the gas, the trans will engage....a wierd feeling:p

Upvote 0
How is the trans in yours? I have to get used to mine..it shifts differently than my last car but from what I hear, it's normal. Like when you are stopped at a light, apparently the trans shifts into neutral, then when you take your foot off the brake to put it on the gas, the trans will engage....a wierd feeling:p

Never heard about that! haha. At first I thought it was shifting down a little weird but that was just me getting use to it. One thing I love about this car is the automatic manual option. I have used it many times this winter, helped me actually stop at a stop sign that was nothing but ice, and then coming down hills with ice and snow too.

Some one did tell me that when you come off a stop it skips first gear but I don't quite know about that.

Upvote 0
I got bitten by the Diesel bug in 2009 and changed all my vehicles to oil burners.
My daily drive is a 2010 BMW 335D and alternate vehicle is a 2011 ML350 BlueTec.
I also got my daughter a 2011 VW Jetta TDI.
Man I love the 425 lb ft Torque of the 335D!! Despite driving it like I stole it I get an average od 30.9 US MPG or around 500 Miles per tank!
The VW Jetta TDI gets 40 US MPG on avearge but it's a 2.0L TDI.

PB190284a.jpg

VWTDI2a.jpg

Upvote 0
I am partial to the hooptie. I spend under 1k, pay very little in insurance, fix it myself, and don't care if some idiot wants to play chicken over a parking spot. They last me (up to) a couple years and cost me near nothing to maintain.
Eventually living in Minnesota, the land of roads paved in salt, catches up with me, and something big breaks. And in the words of Eazy-E, I " throw it in the gutta, and go buy anotha"

I give you...

The Ugly Truckling!
ugly_truckling.jpg

Upvote 0
I am partial to the hooptie. I spend under 1k, pay very little in insurance, fix it myself, and don't care if some idiot wants to play chicken over a parking spot. They last me (up to) a couple years and cost me near nothing to maintain.
Eventually living in Minnesota, the land of roads paved in salt, catches up with me, and something big breaks. And in the words of Eazy-E, I " throw it in the gutta, and go buy anotha"

I give you...

The Ugly Truckling!
ugly_truckling.jpg
I like how people driving newer vehicals get out of the way when they see the hoopties coming. They figure we don't care what happens and or no insurance.

I like the bike!

Reactions: TheAtheistReverend
Upvote 0
I have a 2005 Dodge Magnum R/T. She is close to candy apple red and I love her! We refer to her as Maggie.
dinc is inoperative so no shots, yet!:car::cool:
Purchased Maggie October of 2004 and this past summer was the first and only time I had to change her battery. The battery rides in the inside the cabin, in the rear along with the spare tire. I did change out the tires because the original tires didn't feel right!
It is time to do some motor mounts and I suspect taking her out to the drag strip has had a little something to do with that issue!:D
I haven't had any other mechanical trouble...(knocking on wood)!
Anybody with motor mount, flat rate repairs, please chime in because I don't have the money to take it to someone and I couldn't afford to pay the rates places get to do that particular job! I know I should post this in the Dodge forum but I figured,"what the heck!"
One of these days, I will submit a simple sentence response!:eek:
Thanks for reading,
D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones