1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Postponed a software update now phone won't turn on...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Lost girl, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Lost girl

Lost girl Lurker
    None

Aug 4, 2013
    Hi everyone, hope someone can help. I postponed a software update as I am not in a wireless zone and didn't want to use my data for the update. I selected the postpone for one day option. I got a little postponement symbol in the top left hand corner.

My battery was empty so I plugged the phone in, but it now won't charge. I'm not getting the white lights, or the battery charging symbol, and needless to say the phone won't turn on. I have taken out the battery and put it back in, tried charging via a USB charger in my laptop, but to no avail.

It's now been plugged into the wall for two hours, but nothing. I have tried pressing all three buttons together and at first was getting battery low, cannot download, but now not even that.

I am so stressed out and worried about it...what the heck is going on?! Has anyone else had this experience? Its almost as if android has taken the hump because I couldn't download the damned update and now won't let me use my phone.

Advertisement

2. tdodd

tdodd Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 2, 2011
    I struggle to see the correlation between what you have done and what has happened. It may simply be a big coincidence. Are you sure that your charging cable is working - or your charging port on the phone? A few people have reported problems with charging and it normally comes down to one of these two things. Check for gunk in the charging port and/or try another cable if you have one.

Lost girl likes this.
  3. Lost girl

Lost girl Lurker
    None

Aug 4, 2013
    Well, the problem has been solved! I plugged it in to my PC at work and it has come back to life, what a relief! Looks like a charger issue, though I don't know why my laptop charger wouldn't work either. I guess because the power from it was too weak!