• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Potential Google Body/Browser Workaround

RedBear'n

Feb 21, 2011
P-Burgh
Hey guys 2 day owner, TnT user, love it entirely except for the viewing angles. (Would an anti-glare screen protector help?)

Anyway, I digress...last night I tried navigating to Google Body on the web, and was informed that a WebGL browser was necessary to do so. I proceed to the Market and download Firefox at this point and then install the add-on "Phoney," which allows one to change their UA String to "Firefox Desktop." So I navigate back to Google Body and it actually loaded, well kind of. The menu bars displayed and the model partially rendered but after that Firefox derped so hard I had to call OSHA. My system rebooted and I tried again, same result.

So here is where I am at with this...

1. Firefox Mobile derps...a lot, usually not this hard though.
2. Does this mean that a stronger browser made to "look" like Firefox could potentially run Google Body?
3. Does anyone know of any browsers with a "Firefox UA String?"

Attachments

• FirefoxDerp.jpg
    FirefoxDerp.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 65
  • edad9999-5464-4c7e-bf29-890bb3de7eb9.jpg
    edad9999-5464-4c7e-bf29-890bb3de7eb9.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 18

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones