1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Potential Virus/Weird Headphone Activity

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hookana, Oct 30, 2014.

1. hookana

hookana Lurker

I have attempted to read through many threads but I haven't seen anyone else talk about this subject. So, forgive me if this is a repeat of a topic.

I'm using Samsung Note 3, KitKat and just recently have been experiencing something weird. The sVoice comes on automatically, over and over again, prompting me to 'ask it something'. I exit out and it just pops up again. Then sometimes, the volume gets really loud....going to the maximum volume for the media. I've also seen the volume move up/down by itself.

I always have my headphones in when this happens. I've uninstalled the last couple of apps but that hasn't fixed the problem. Usually I have to do a reboot and it fixes the problem for a while.....but not long enough.

Has anyone else heard of such a problem? Is this a virus? If so, how do I get rid of it? Thanks for any input you may have!:pcguru:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Napalm

Napalm Android Expert

do your headphones have one of those buttons on them with the mic in the middle of the line.

it's possible you have some headset feature on the phone enabled and are hitting the button on the mic.

otherwise - I'd say you might have a short - does it do this with every headphone you plug into it?

hookana likes this.
  3. hookana

hookana Lurker

This was exactly my problem. Thanks so much!

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 release date was September 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 13MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 800 processor, and 3200mAh battery.

September 2013
Release Date
Reviews