• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Power/Activate Button

keytoarson

Lurker
Dec 27, 2011
I just got a Samsung Galaxy SII and have not noticed this issue until just recently, whether because I just wasn't paying attention or it didn't happen before. The issue is that when I tap the power button to activate the phone, it takes about 3 seconds for my phone to come on. When I tap the power button to put the phone "to sleep" it does it instantly.

Anyone have this issue as well? Or know how I can fix this?

I found the MicroSD HC 8GB card.. That's it I'm assuming. I don't see the SIM card though...? Should I take the SD card out then?

If you have a Verizon or Sprint phone, they use CDMA networks and won't have a sim card. You could take the sd card out and see if that fixes your unlock lag issue.

Reactions: keytoarson
Upvote 0
Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > SD tab. Anything that is on the SD card, move to the phone. See if you have the lag anymore. If not, you can add apps back to the SD card one by one until you find what's lagging your phone. Or don't, if you have plenty of internal space.

If that doesn't fix it, go into your SD card using a file explorer and rename the Android folder to something else (like "Android_backup") and see if that fixes it. If it does, one by one, add folders back to Android/data until you find the culprit app that does it.

Reactions: keytoarson
Upvote 0
Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > SD tab. Anything that is on the SD card, move to the phone. See if you have the lag anymore. If not, you can add apps back to the SD card one by one until you find what's lagging your phone. Or don't, if you have plenty of internal space.

I did this and it seemed to have helped it... I had one game on it that was fairly small and that is the only thing that was on the SD card.

Thanks for your help!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones