1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support power adapter notification?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by baddubbin, Nov 5, 2009.

1. baddubbin

baddubbin Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2009
    Is there anyway to stop the phone from playing the default notification when you plug it in the to power adapter?

Advertisement

2. Adrift

Adrift Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    College...
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Can't remember exactly how.. I just use a 3rd party app like Tonepicker to adjust my volumes.

3. maxdamage2122

maxdamage2122 Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Do you mena when you plug it into a computer with the data cable? IF so Enter text here.go to menu > settings > sound & display > sd card notifications.

4. baddubbin

Nov 4, 2009
    No, when I plug the wall power adapter in to charge it over night it plays the default notification.

5. satinkzo

satinkzo Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Do you mean the big battery on the screen? I just turn the screen off.

6. flyjbaker

flyjbaker Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2009
    He means the noise. The notification "ringtone" plays ANYTIME a notification pops up in the status bar. One of those notifications happens to be when you plug the phone into the AC wall outlet....or the computer/USB.

7. satinkzo

satinkzo Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    laff, man, I read that wrong.

8. flyjbaker

flyjbaker Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2009

hahahaha!!!

9. chixdigit

chixdigit Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2009
    Medical Device Sales
    San Antonio, TX
    Hi, I'm new to this forum, and I hope to be able to be of help as much as I ask for help.
    Regarding this post: I usually plug my phone into the charger later at night- when my wife is asleep, and everytime I plug it in, it makes that annoying "notification chime"- waking her up...
    I've looked all over in the settings, and I can't find any obvious areas where this can be turned off.
    Anyone else bugged by this?
    Anyone else know how to turn it off- besides turning the phone to "silence all" before I plug it in to charge?
    Thanks.

10. baddubbin

Nov 4, 2009
    pretty much my exact same issue... so far i just turn the volume off, plug it in, turn the volume back up... wish it could just be disabled but havent found anything yet

11. maxdamage2122

maxdamage2122 Member

Nov 1, 2009
    No idea what you guys are talking about. When I plug my wall charger into the phone it doesn't receive any notification or play any sound.

12. Weeton

Weeton Active Member

Nov 3, 2009
    this is the notifications ringtone that you are talking about.
    Settings -> Sound & Display -> notification ringtone.

If you want to differentiate the notification tone from your sms tones, get a 3rd party app like handcent or chompsms. that'll allow you set sms tones, and then the phone will use the system notification tones for everything else.

if you aren't getting a tone, you might have the tones disabled under sound & display...or your sound is off.

13. tangonerd

tangonerd New Member

Mar 10, 2010
    I have the same problem at work whenever I plug in the charger in my cubicle. It also notifies the entire workplace twice whenever I slide the keyboard out with the charger plugged in, I suppose because the keyboard jiggles the connection. That is really the only notification I want to silence. I'm happy to hear the others.