• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Power Amp library disappears

Toefactor

Lurker
Nov 23, 2011
Hi. I ran into an issue with PowerAmp earlier today. I just got my phone last week and yesterday decided to finally add some songs to it from my PC. All went well, but I didn't like the basic player so I downloaded PowerAmp. It worked right away with no problems.

Today I connected my phone to my PC and added more songs to the music folder i created on my phone. I then went to play some music in PowerAmp and all my songs had disappeared. I had to do a re-scan to re-load all of my music into poweramp. After I had done that my music was back, but my playlists were still empty which was a pain because I had to add all of the songs back into each playlist manually.

Not sure if it matters, but the phone I have is an LG Optimus 3D, and I have my music stored on an external SD card.

Any info regarding this would be appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones