1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Power Amp music player?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by E14EPD, Jun 25, 2011.

1. E14EPD

E14EPD Lurker
    None

Jun 22, 2011
    Anyone downloaded and paid for poweramp? I do not wanna waste my free trial. Is it worth the money? I havent really seen any bad reviews, just looking for someone elses opinion. Thanks all help is appreciated!

Advertisement

2. jdaud

jdaud Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 30, 2010
    Ohio
    Excellent music player. It is packed with features (i've heard others say it's too complicated but i don't find it to be), awesome eq, nice ui. I highly recommend it

E14EPD likes this.
  3. Amaroth

Amaroth Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 5, 2009
    Hilo, HI
    Its the only music player i use and have been using for about a year. I find it is the only music player to properly display individual song art. I like being able to browse by folder too. and the number 1 reason is due to the equalizer. I know a lot of newer players have eqs now, but at the time when poweramp came out I think it was one of the first.

E14EPD likes this.
  4. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled
    None

Jul 9, 2010
    Male
    Software Engineer
    Between Imladris and Lothl
    I'm a hardcore WinAmp user and I think PowerAmp is better. I bought and have been using it since shortly after it came out. The lock screen controls are worth the price of entry. On top of that it just works the way I want a player to work. The developer is pretty responsive to feedback though I don't think English is his primary language so describing some things gets tricky.

E14EPD likes this.
  5. t4ckleb0x

t4ckleb0x Member

Jun 14, 2010
    Sound Engineer
    Midwest
    I've ditched PowerAmp for the Google Music beta player. Before though I was all about PowerAmp

E14EPD likes this.
  6. Torrid

Torrid Android Enthusiast

Aug 5, 2010
    Love Poweramp, I used Cubed, and and something else (I forgot), and I have to say Poweramp is superior. The forum for the app is pretty good as well. It is one of only two apps I have paid over $4 for, and I have to say it is very much worth it. I used to have that issue with some files all of a sudden not being recognized in other music players. I gave Poweramp a try. Once I used it, everything else paled in comparison. (I wish I could get rid of the stock music player permenantly).

7. rsmin

rsmin Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 15, 2010
    I use Power Amp and have no complaints. Great app! :)

8. Kaleb Randleaxe

Kaleb Randleaxe Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 19, 2010
    Lifeguard / Lab Technician
    Michigan
    +1 to the people saying PowerAmp is good. Was my main player for like a year. Only just recently jumped over to Fede's Ubermusic. Not as many features, but it's SO DANG PRETTY.

9. MyTjSux

MyTjSux Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 11, 2010
    Tampa, FL
    i love my Poweramp...i tried double twist and a bunch of other and it was superior in everyway....the only complaint is my shuffle sometimes plays the sames songs day in and day out

10. murdoc158

murdoc158 Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 28, 2010
    Like others have said, it's definitely worth buying. I can't even remember how many other players I tired before I finally tried Poweramp. Hands down the best player for local music on Android. I've since moved my music to the cloud and have been using Google Music Beta player. I'd still be using Poweramp if I hadn't done the cloud thing.