1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Power button broke

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Tomweisz, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Tomweisz

Tomweisz Lurker
    None

Aug 18, 2016
    Male
    So my lg g5 had been great up until recently. The power button on the back has gone completely dead. It no longer responds in any way shape or form. I can only turn my phone off by letting the screen time out and i cant turn it off or else it just becomes a brick that cant be turned back on. This happend several times and the only way to turn it back on is to plug it in. I cant use the screenshot short cuts either. I mean i realy like the simple design of only having one button and the volume one aswell but when that one button stops working the phone becomes useless. Anyone else having this problem or know of any solution?

Advertisement

2. thunder18

thunder18 Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 3, 2010
    Can you disable the fingerprint scanner, then enable knock on or more preferably knock code? Then you can use your knock code to awaken and unlock the phone.

3. CenturionB

CenturionB Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 14, 2016
    Male
    you can carry the phone to a service center

LG G5

The LG G5 was launched April 1st, 2016. This was some of LG’s biggest innovation yet with the introduction of dual rear cameras, always-on display, and an interesting modular design concept. The modular design never caught on.
Tags: