1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Power Button causing reboot

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DeltaXzombies, Jun 21, 2017.

1. DeltaXzombies

DeltaXzombies Well-Known Member

Ive been using Lineage OS from Spock for a long time now and just today when I press the power button to turn the screen off the screen turns off then turns right back on then most of the time the phone just reboots itself and while it reboots it turns off and reboots again, kind of like a boot loop until I either hold down the power button to turn it off or I take the battery out. Any ideas. And I'm not on the latest lineage version (6/11/16?) So I dont know if updating would fix it

UPDATE #2: I've come to the assumption that it was a hardware issue so i took the phone apart and cleaned the buttons, so far i just put the metal backing on and havent put the screws back in but the problem seems to have gone away.

#1 DeltaXzombies, Jun 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2017

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. DeltaXzombies

Also this has happened before except it never caused the volt to reboot but it 'fixed itself', and today while taking a backup it caused a reboot

3. DeltaXzombies

Update: Installing the latest Lineage version doesnt fix the issue..

4. spock1104

spock1104 Android Expert

This sounds like your power button is sticking.  No software will fix that.

LG Volt Forum

The LG Volt release date was May 2014. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

May 2014
Release Date
Reviews