1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Power button going bad?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by novarider, Apr 19, 2011.

1. novarider

novarider Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 29, 2010
    I think my power button is going bad. Sometimes when I try to lock my phone it doesn't do anything and other times it thinks im trying to turn off the phone. I guess my question is this a common problem? Should it be covered under warranty?

Advertisement

2. gregs887

gregs887 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 21, 2010
    Moorpark, CA
    Mine broke and it was covered under the one year warranty. If I'd have sent it to HTC they would have replaced it for free but it would have been a week of downtime and I don't have a land line. I exchanged it through Sprint and they gave me one for $35. I don't have insurance, but I believe if you do hardware buttons are covered.

3. eSanto

eSanto Newbie
    None

Dec 10, 2009
    Try NoLock. Lets you use volume rocker to power up, and a soft button to lock. I'd def. still try and get it fixed though, power button is necessary sometimes :)

4. novarider

novarider Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 29, 2010
    Took it to the sprint store yesterday and there was a short in the power button. He said they couldn't fix it so they replaced it with a new not refurb phone. My only complaint is that the color of this new phone sucks! Its nowhere near as bright or crisp (yes I have adjusted the brightness)

Tags: