1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Power Button or battery

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tuckkcut, Jan 18, 2014.

1. tuckkcut

tuckkcut Member
    None

Dec 28, 2011
    Male
    Full time student
    Modesto , CA
    OK so my Samsung admire broke earlier this week and i have been phone less, so my sister can to visit and she gave me her old mytouch , she said that all it needed was a new battery cause it wouldn't hold a charge, that was ok with me cause they are like less than 5$ on amazon and eBay, so i go to plug the phone into the charger and the charging screen pops up like normal, so i hold the power button trying to turn it on and it doesn't, then i notice that after about 15 seconds of charging the screen has shut off, i press the power button again and nothing.

so should i just replace the battery or open it up and see if the power ribbon or something is loose or broke.

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    15 seconds of "charge" isn't even enough to turn the phone off. Turn it off if it isn't already off, then let it charge for 24 hours before trying to turn it on again.

3. tuckkcut

tuckkcut Member
    None

Dec 28, 2011
    Male
    Full time student
    Modesto , CA
    its strange cause like i said it will only stay on the charging screen for like 15 seconds, but last night i was messing around with it and found out that it can stay in the download mode as long as it wants(until the battery died)

4. tuckkcut

tuckkcut Member
    None

Dec 28, 2011
    Male
    Full time student
    Modesto , CA
    ok so i ended up doing the return to stock thing and it let my phone boot up,i was able to charge it 100% when the phone was on, but still am currently unable to to turn the screen on and off via the power/lock button so ill just have to order a new one and install it

Tags: