1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Power Button Quit Working (Rooted)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wiltedmagnolia, Jan 5, 2013.

1. wiltedmagnolia

Stopped working last night. Did a factory reset just to see, nada. Took SIM, memory card and battery out, nothing.

I am ok with technical things, but I am not a wiz, so if there are lots of things that need to be done, I need steps :(

I do not have insurance and I cannot get a new phone until October. I cannot afford to pay $300 for a new unlocked phone at this point.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. wiltedmagnolia

I have someone that will take it apart for me, and replace the power button, but the only place I've found so far wants $15 shipping. Now i don't mind paying, but that's a little crazy.

scary alien likes this.
  3. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary
    VIP Member

Sorry to hear about the broken power button, wiltedmagnolia...:(

Take your time and keep looking if the cost is still too high for you. Perhaps there are some do-it-yourself videos that might make you comfortable enough for you to try?

Best of luck! :)

4. wiltedmagnolia

I took it apart myself, 7 screws, nothing to it. I don't know what was wrong with it still, maybe it had just come loose, but it's working now :)

scary alien likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews