1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Power button to end call is missing from my Desire

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sandeepg, Nov 10, 2010.

1. sandeepg

sandeepg Member

Oct 7, 2010
    I've been scouring the web a solution to this but can't seem to find it anywhere. I know it's possible to end a phone call on the Desire by pressing the power button after enabling it in settings. But when I go to Settings/Accessibility I get a pop-up message saying,

'No accessibility related application found. You can download a screen reader for your device from Android Market. Click OK to install the screen reader.'

If I press 'Cancel' I'm in the accessibility settings with a single grayed-out 'Accessibility' option. But no other options are available.
    Weirdly, if I search for it (after allowing 'Settings' to be searched) I do get a result in Settings/Accessibility labelled 'Accessibility. HTC global search'. If I click on it though I'm back in the Accessibility setting section.

I'm running 2.2 on a Desire on the Vodafone (UK) network (not rooted).

Any help would be much appreciated!

Advertisement

2. kartnite

kartnite Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Consultant Analyst - IP Telephony, Softfaxing, Net
    My Father, let my country awake!
    From what I know, the "power button to end call" feature is present in the Nexus One and NOT in the Desire.

Alternatively, I guess you 'can' get that option in the Desire by running a custom ROM.

sandeepg likes this.
Tags: