• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Power button too recessed? Here's a fix (video)

lowkey

May 22, 2010
I read about some power button issues with the EVO 3D before I received my EVO V and it seems like the issue hasn't been fixed by HTC yet.

The problem I was having was that the power button was simply too recessed into the phone and had to be pressed down very hard to get the screen to turn on or off. I had to hold the phone very tight and apply a lot of pressure for it to work properly, and even then it would only work if pressed directly in the center.

For the fix all you need is some tape (preferably electrical) and a pair of scissors. Takes a few minutes, it's really simple to do, and it fixed it perfectly for me.

Here's the video:

HTC EVO V 4G/ EVO 3D Power Button Fix - YouTube

Hope this helps anyone who was having the same as I was.

I adjusted my volume down and power button with a hot glue gun. It is temporary since it peels off, and doesn't risk getting that sticky crap inside the phone. It is actually pretty easy too, just let a little get on the side of the nozzle and wipe it sideways on the tip of the nipple on the inside of the button. You only need the thickness of a hair.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones