• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Power button

bishamon79

Lurker
Aug 1, 2010
Anybody have any probs with the power button? Got caught in a torrential downpour this afternoon to find my wallet and phone somewhat damp after being in my soaking jeans.

Power button no longer works so effectively once the screen saver kicks in I cant unlock it. Thankfully its still within warranty so will take it back to get a replacement.

This is the 2nd phone I've had that has suffered this prob. My previous phone, a dreadful Sony Ericsson died a death.

Avoiding the rain is somewhat unavoidable when you live in Scotland. Making\Taking a phonecall in the rain is sometimes a necessary evil. I really have to question the build quality of some of the modern phones. Do they even test the use of phones in the rain? It seems somewhat of a basic function, and to have such a major malfunction with such minimal exposure to rain is quite disappointing to say the least, especially when it never came into direct contact.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones