1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root power control widgets - having a problem...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by namurt, Jun 6, 2011.

1. namurt

namurt Newbie
    None

May 31, 2011
    first off, here's the official thread over at xda with regard to the widget i'm talking about:

[MOD][PORT] (4/5/2011) Power Control Widgets - xda-developers

i believe i'm correct in my assumption that this mod is cooked into das bamf remix 1.7, which i have installed. here's my problem, though. the sound toggle does not work properly. if i try to turn my phone to a vibrate mode, it doesn't work. if i go into the main settings and manually check the vibrate tickbox for call and notification vibration, then the setting sticks. but as soon as i try to use the button in the power controls widget, the box becomes unchecked when next i look.

what gives?! this is a great widget. i truly love it, but right now i'm getting my phone into vibrate mode by holding down the volume down button. it's kinda lame when i have this slick widget.

i'm about to try re-flashing the widget over top of das bamf. think this'll work?

Advertisement

2. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert
    None

Aug 8, 2010
    Sales
    Massachusetts
    Look in your app drawer for "Power Control Settings" then select sound modes. I have Sound/Vibrate/Silent checked and I have no problems switching between audio settings

3. namurt

namurt Newbie
    None

May 31, 2011
    i've tried sound/vibrate/silent and sound+vib/vibrate/silent. neither work.

i'm not running anything special on top of das bamf remix 1.7, in fact, i'm running the exact same kernel as you.

this has me a bit stumped. i'm tempted to flash the official mod over top of das bamf, but i don't want to mess anything up with the rom.

4. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert
    None

Aug 8, 2010
    Sales
    Massachusetts
    Did you do a full wipe before flashing the ROM? I ask because someone with the same problem didn't wipe and after he reflashed it was back.