1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Power Control Widgets - That work in ICS

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Roroco, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Roroco

Roroco Well-Known Member

I love ICS, but a few changes - they made in the back end - break a lot of the third party power widgets. The problems I find...

- I can't find one that turns GPS off and on from the widget (like the stock power widget) without opening the setting page.

- I can't find one with a usable 4G toggle.

- I can't find one that has a Flash toggle button. There are ones that work with single widgets, jut not power bar style.

Has anyone found one that works like it should? I would ultimately like to have power toggles in the notification pane like in Cyanogen Mod, but I would settle for a functioning desktop widget for now.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Android Expert

I'm in the same boat as you... I would love to find one that works properly with the GPS.

3. Roroco

Roroco Well-Known Member

I am actually surprised that none of the widget developers know how to do this. Isn't ICS open source code out already? Can't they just copy the calls in the OS version?

4. mistermojorizi

mistermojorizi Android Enthusiast

i am using widgetsoid. i can turn gps on and off. there is no 4g toggle, but they have a 2g/3g button that takes you directly to the submenu in settings where you can select cdma and lte. also have a mobile data off/on button. I don't know about flash though.

5. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Android Expert

That takes me into the GPS settings, it will not directly turn it on and off (for me).

6. batwings1

batwings1 Well-Known Member

I had the same results with widgetsoid. GPS toggle just took me to a menu.

I'm with you, a functional power control widget with 4G and flash would be great.

7. bi0nicman

bi0nicman Member

i use SwitchPro Widget and it lets me disable all data (4G and 3G) but not just 4G which is unfortunate. It only takes me to the GPS Settings screen also. That would be nice if it would just disable/enable GPS. Still one of the betters ones I've tried.

https://market.android.com/details?id=alei.switchpro&hl=en

8. huskerkate

huskerkate Android Enthusiast

jbdan likes this.
  9. Roroco

Roroco Well-Known Member

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews