1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Power + home screen doesn't take a screenshot

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MaxPower1, Dec 20, 2012.

1. MaxPower1

MaxPower1 Newbie

Palm swipe to capture is the stupidest thing I've ever seen in my life. I have it disabled but pressing the power and home buttons doesn't take a screenshot. I have Sprint's S3 running stock 4.1.1.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

Are you sure? I find it Really tricky. You have to press and hold them both at EXACTLY the same time. No delay between button presses.

Swipe is great though

MaxPower1 likes this.
  3. MaxPower1

MaxPower1 Newbie

Nothing, I pressed power + home at the same time at least 30 times and nothing happens.

4. ninja636rider

ninja636rider Member

Are you holding both buttons down for a second or two? It took me a while to figure it out too.

MaxPower1 and FxsX24 like this.
  5. FxsX24

FxsX24 Member

press and hold as ninja and Suroot said

MaxPower1 likes this.
  6. SUroot

I said hold too :)

7. FxsX24

FxsX24 Member

ego satisified

:)

8. andrejhoward

andrejhoward Newbie

I love the palm swipe, works like a champ for me.

That said isn't there different ways to do it depending on if you use a launcher?

9. Heisenberg123

Heisenberg123 Android Enthusiast

it works jsut keep trying and you will learn the timing to get it to take a screen shot

10. SUroot

Ha ha ha

11. FxsX24

FxsX24 Member

plamswipe is great, except when the page your trying to SS moves on you

12. MaxPower1

MaxPower1 Newbie

Oh wow, I wasn't holding. Looks like I'm stupider than swipe to capture. (I was trying to take a screenshot of an email in Gmail in landscape mode and it was practically impossible)

13. valorian

valorian Android Expert

The palm swipe is one of the best features of this phone. I can have the phone sitting on the table, swipe my palm and got a screen shot. No more worrying about getting the buttons pressed just right.

14. phil75231

phil75231 Well-Known Member

I have never used screen swipe except the first time I tried it just to see if it worked. I have, however, been known to use the backhand swipe on stupid people.

15. SUroot

Even though the physical damage is minimal, its much more satisfying with an open hand.

16. phil75231

phil75231 Well-Known Member

This is true.:smokingsomb:

17. Jeepmaster

Jeepmaster Well-Known Member

I too don't like the Palm swipe only because when I put my s3 in my jeans, it takes a screen shot. Power+home works just fine. Using tasker, i can also program in holding just the menu button to activate screen capture.

18. pgus13

pgus13 Well-Known Member

How the hell does the swipe work?? For the life of of me I can't get it to work!!

19. valorian

valorian Android Expert

Do you have it activated under motions?

I use the outside of my hand. Start from the left side of the phone and swipe to the right. Get as close to the phone as to can. Don't swipe too fast or it will not work.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews