1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Power Management

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by bronto, Feb 19, 2010.

1. bronto

bronto New Member

Feb 19, 2010
    I just bought a G1 from a friend and am exploring how I am going to use this. I am not much of a cell user, I want this more for the wifi access and am playing with Google Voice. I have a pay as you go call plan, no data plan, and am in a wifi zone about 90% of the time I would want to use it. All is functioning well.

I am finding that the battery barely makes it through the day even with light usage. The power manager indicates that about 15% of my usage is wifi, even when I didn't actually connect. I am thinking that the device is working hard scanning for an open connection. Like I said, 90% of the time I am in a known wifi zone with a "remembered" account. So it doesn't really need to be looking all the time.

What would be really cool is if there's an app to toggle wifi based on location. I think by GPS since it would be more accurate. Wifi could be off until I get to a given location, then it would automatically fire up and connect.

Anybody know of such a thing?

Advertisement

2. MonthOLDpickle

MonthOLDpickle Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2009
    Taiwan
    I know there is an app for that, but if you hold screen long there is a widget or something where you can click to turn WiFi on or off..

Looks like

[​IMG]

Though I don't know if all versions get it, I have 1.6.