1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Power Off = Power Drain

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DaveT, Apr 13, 2012.

1. DaveT

DaveT Member

Any ever experienced this? When I turn my Rezound completely off at night, in the morning the battery is fully drained and I need to plug it in and charge it to get it to turn on.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. AeolianReflex

AeolianReflex Android Enthusiast

What you're describing doesn't sound normal. If you have Fast Boot enabled the phone isn't really shutdown it is merely hibernating. That is why it boots so quickly. Even in hibernation it may be using some small amount of power but it should not be enough to drain the battery overnight. If you do indeed have Fast Boot turned on, try disabling it and then shutdown overnight to see if it is still draining. If it is not drained there may be a phone problem. If it is drained you probably have a bad battery that wont hold a charge. If you were to charge the battery and then remove it from the phone and let it sit for 8 hours and it drains you can be sure that it's the battery. I had that problem with an after market battery before.

3. DaveT

DaveT Member

I did have Fastboot enabled and I will give your suggestions a try tonight. Sad thing is I mentioned this problem to the Verizon store rep's and they gave me a blank look.

Thanks AeolianReflex!

4. jdk2

jdk2 Well-Known Member

It's sad alright. These are the supposed experts with which we'll be having a consult and paying a $30 upgrade fee to support. Ughh!

HTC Rezound Forum

The HTC Rezound release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1620mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews