1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Power off your Triumph and power on again. Do you see "inactive" notification?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by smgtech, Oct 7, 2011.

1. smgtech

smgtech Lurker
    None

Sep 13, 2011
    Hey,

I have had my Triumph for a month and just recently I have been able to produce this on my phone as well as my wife's phone (both are Motorola Triumphs). Phones are already active (meaning they can send and receive calls, text, and data) and phones do not appear to have any problems (besides those little noted issues that everyone else is experiencing with the MT). Anyway when i turn the phone back on I get a notification that says "your phone is inactive" with the little red power sign in the notification bar. Clearly the phone works so it is not inactive. Has anyone else got this? Please power off your phone and back on again and see if you can reproduce it.

1.) I have taken the battery out, as if that ever helps anything now days.
    2.) I have reset MDN and MSID to ten 0s and then back to my correct MDN and MSID.
    3.) I have done a factory reset...twice.
    4.) I have unloaded stock programs and loaded them back on seems to get rid of this problem for a while...
    5.) I have tested this on mine and my wife's phone and both have this problem.

Do you have this problem? I can not find it listed in any of the known M.T. problems listed around the internet.

Thank You

Advertisement

2. mantera

mantera Android Expert
    None

May 21, 2011
    I haven't seen that on my phone. However, have you tried just reactivating your phones using the included activate app?

3. ziggy46

ziggy46 Android Expert
    None

Aug 14, 2011
    Being a pain in the a$$! LOL
    Chambersburg, Pa
    yea that happened to me after restoring a backup... do either what mantera said, or if your rooted, restore a backup and see if that works.

4. slider6996

slider6996 Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 26, 2011
    None ya
    Temple Texas
    i also experienced this on the phone i exchanged and it seemed the only way to fix it was to go through the activation process again as in clicking the icon to activate it as if its not activated then let it restart and it should be gone, luckly on CM7 that icon is gone regardless so wouldnt see it anyway lol :p

5. RRSpikes

RRSpikes Member
    None

Jun 3, 2011
    Ocala, FL
    You don't need to reactivate. Dismiss the notice and move on. Happens to me regularly. VM is aware of the issue.

6. b_randon14

b_randon14 Android Expert
    None

Aug 13, 2011
    Pizza Delivery Driver
    Somerset, KY
    Yeah this happens sometimes when I'm flashing test themes and clearing the dalvik cache. Its no big deal eithier clear the notification or click to activate either way its no big deal!

7. smgtech

smgtech Lurker
    None

Sep 13, 2011
    I called v.m. and they said since I bought the phone form target and I am within my return period to return it. But I will be keeping it since I am probably on my 5th M.T. exchange now and everybody else seems to have the same issue. The lady was very nice but she seemed kind worried since she could not find a fix for me.

For me clicking on activate does not work it just stays at the 1..2..3.. screen.

Anyway I have not been able to reproduce the problem after a couple of cold boots so the problem is starting to show up less. Like some of you have said no big deal just dismiss it and keep on going. (I guess we can just add this to the list of annoying little issues the M.T. already has).

I hope they update the M.T. to a new version of Android soon..and with all these issues fixed.

hey b_randon14 what is the
    that could be a clue into what causes the problem.

Thank you all for verifying I am not the only one with this problem.

8. ziggy46

ziggy46 Android Expert
    None

Aug 14, 2011
    Being a pain in the a$$! LOL
    Chambersburg, Pa
    to fix it just download the stock nandroid backup located here on the forums, and restore it. then you will have to re-root and what not, but at least your problem is fixed. oh and by the way! keep more than 1 nandroid backup on your sdcard because i got your issue after restoring a backup and the only way i got it to go away was restore a different backup.

9. Chairshot215

Chairshot215 Android Expert
    None

Aug 20, 2011
    Male
    Test hardware, software fo company named Field Dia
    Illadelvall Pennsy
    I had my phone for about 3 month and it started giving me a notification to activate the phone after it has booted. Bugged me out at first until I received a text message and realized that the phone is actually activated. I’m thinking that we have done something that is causing the phone to check for activation during startup before it actually should. I started noticing the notification after using Titanium to move a few apps to the sd-card that would not be available to do so without the phone being rooted. In my case I just clear my notifications after the phone has finished booting up and then not worry about it as the phone is activated. I would be more concerned if the notification appears again after the phone has completely booted. I am curious however why we are receiving this notification during startup. Are both your phone and your wife’s phone rooted and did you use the terminal method of rooting using the triumphs factory installed Sudo or did you use another method like gingerbreak?

10. death2twitter

death2twitter Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 1, 2011
    Student
    I have this issue every once in a while returning to stock ROM, etc. There seems to be no rhyme or reason when or why it comes up. I think it's just a bug in the Activate app itself, and is really nothing more than annoying. The activate app doesn't have anything to do with keeping your phone activated, otherwise you'd never be able to make calls on CM7 or MIUI.

Although, I once ended up rooting JUST to wipe the activate app and get rid of that popup cuz I'm CDO like that. :D