• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Power On/Off Issue

SamiG101

Lurker
Dec 12, 2012
Hey all, I'm sure this one has been described somewhere on the forum but I couldn't find it anywhere. Maybe someone can help me.

I had been away from my phone (Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch) for a few hours at work and when I came back to it, it was turned off and now I can't get it to work anymore. I thought maybe it had died from trying to connect to the wireless. When I tried to turn it back on, all I got was the blue light in the top right corner. The OS didn't start up at all, just a blank screen and the blue light. I tried to turn it back off by holding the power button but it didn't work. The only way I could turn it back off was by pulling out the battery. I tried leaving the battery out for 10+ minutes and that did nothing. I tried charging it (albeit, for only about 5 mins), and that didn't do anything either. What was weird is that the blue light came up again while charging instead of the typical red one.

Anyone have any ideas about what might be wrong? Thanks.

Sami

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones