1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Power options

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by VincentAnoid, Apr 17, 2012.

1. VincentAnoid

VincentAnoid Android Enthusiast

Just a random question I thought: Does constantly changing the options in the power control widget damage devices? I have this phone and most of you would know the battery life isn't too great, so I turn my wifi, gps, sync, etc off when I don't need them. But my worry is that would powering such features on an off a device cause problems? It takes a few seconds to power things like bluetooth and wifi on.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. trophynuts

trophynuts Extreme Android User

i've never seen or heard of it doing so.

3. Demache

Demache Android Expert

Never heard of it either. All your doing is turning on and off said devices and allowing electrical current to go through them. Electronics don't go through the same sort of wear and tear mechanical things do. While starting and stopping mechanical machines can cause wear, electronics only significantly become worn if subject to extreme conditions (heat, moisture, etc). I guarantee as long as everything in the phone is in proper working order, it will last far longer than you ever plan on using it as a phone.

In other words: You could sit there toggling wifi on and off all day, and it would still work just as well tomorrow.

4. VincentAnoid

VincentAnoid Android Enthusiast

Thanks lol, I guess there are loads of on and off switches in general electronics anyway with the transistors.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews