• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Power Point Presentation

Hi - May be somebody out there in this forum, can point me in the right direction. I am an instructor who relies heavily in power point presentation in my classes. I intend to do the design work in my laptop at home, and move it to the Galaxy Note 10.1 which is lighter and less bulky than my laptop. I have purchased a micro usb cable to vga to connect to a projector with a vga port. My questions are: What MS compatible program should I use to read the pp files, and the next question is there any way of making the presentation utilizing a remote device to move from slide to slide?
Thanking you guys in advance.
gfernandez1214

IME the best powerpoint compatible (and all MS Office programmes) is OfficeSuite Pro. Available from Google Play store. There was a very special offer of the full suite for something like USD 0.95c, although this may have been pre Xmas.
Although BT may be a good idea, there is no problem attaching virtually any low power USB device to the Note 10.1 using an OTG full-size USB adapter - just a couple of dollars. If you need more than one USB device then a simple cheap USB Hub works fine.

Reactions: gfernandez1214
Upvote 0
IME the best powerpoint compatible (and all MS Office programmes) is OfficeSuite Pro. Available from Google Play store. There was a very special offer of the full suite for something like USD 0.95c, although this may have been pre Xmas.
Although BT may be a good idea, there is no problem attaching virtually any low power USB device to the Note 10.1 using an OTG full-size USB adapter - just a couple of dollars. If you need more than one USB device then a simple cheap USB Hub works fine.

If you use HDMI adapter, there is no way to use a USB mouse at the same time.

Upvote 0
If you use HDMI adapter, there is no way to use a USB mouse at the same time.
Didn't think the OP planned to use HDMI? Don't have specific experience of USB to VGA - but should work as should USB to AVI.

I do have experience of using a small USB hub with 4 usb devices attached simultaneously - mouse, keyboard and 2 storage devices.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones