1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Power Saving Mode?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by GrouchoM, Dec 15, 2013.

1. GrouchoM

GrouchoM Android Enthusiast

Do you use it? Which toggles do you use? Does it only kick in at a low battery level or is it activated as soon as it's toggled ON?
    PS I meant to post this in the SGS4 forum.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

If you post in the wrong location you can always report your own post (the little warning sign icon to the left of the post) and ask one of the Mods to move it for you. They'll always be happy to help.

No need to do it this time: I've done it for you ;)

GrouchoM and Mikestony like this.
  3. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±
    VIP Member

Thanks Hadron:)

Stand by and I'll move it there for you GrouchoM ;)

Edit: **poof** done :)

Petrah likes this.
  4. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

As for the OP, it basically turns certain things off if they haven't been used for a while. It's been known to cause some problems, like certain alarm apps not waking the phone up properly, so they don't go off, but I haven't heard of any major problems like missed phone calls.

5. ironass

ironass Extreme Android User

I use the very clever Power Saving mode almost all of the time since owning the S4 and have never, ever, missed an alarm or call. It just toggles certain power saving features such as setting the upper CPU limit to 1350 MHz and not 1890 MHz as well as reducing the screen brightness. Both of which do not affect the everyday running of my phone or playing music or videos although you may want to toggle it off for power hungry games. Depending on your phone usage it can very simply extend your battery life considerably. You can select which power saving settings you want enabled, under Power Saving in the Settings > My device menu on the i9505.

Funderbolt, Petrah and Hadron like this.
  6. sincarafan

sincarafan Well-Known Member

I never used it. I use juice defender instead.

7. Gomjaba

Gomjaba Android Enthusiast

Has it been updated to work with 4.3 yet? As for the power saving, I use it too without issues, the low brightness in emails and texts is sometimes too annoying though.

Edit: Nope, Juice Defender's last update is still 2011 for the Premium and 2012 for the main program so I guess they will never update it to work with 4.3 (Last "what's new" is for 2.3.7)

8. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator

Just so the OP knows you need to turn it on yourself. It shouldn't turn on by itself.

I know it turns down the CPU processing power, however, if you try and do a lot on the device with it on it will actually in turn do the exact opposite you want it to do and eat through your battery faster.

9. GrouchoM

GrouchoM Android Enthusiast

Yes, I know. What I was wondering was if, when toggled on, it only adjusted the CPU &brightness when the battery was low.

10. sincarafan

sincarafan Well-Known Member

Works fine on my phone with 4.3

11. Gomjaba

Gomjaba Android Enthusiast

It looks working, but it never disabled the connections. Their blog is full of complaints.

12. Mr. Lucky

Mr. Lucky Android Expert

I have a lot of complaints about the AT&T 4.3 "update," but that's not one of them. JD Ultimate works perfectly, and I'm using location-based data toggling, etc. The update did disable it, but a simple in-app restore got it back and running 100%.

As to the OP's question, I use Power saving mode, but only have "Screen power saving" enabled. I can see it kick in at boot, and it works well (still plenty of screen brilliance and color saturation).

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews