• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Power Skin USB conflict?

Are you using your Samsung cable or Powerskin cable? You might try a different cable if you have not already.

I do not own one of these so troubleshooting will be difficult. They do not list any information about data transfer on their website, only charging from a laptop.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1355563

Doesn't appear many were happy with the first batch, and posts 17 and 19 lead me to believe you will have to remove the case for data transfer.

Have you contacted powerskin at all?

Upvote 0
I haven't contacted Power skin yet, I did, however, remove the case for the USB transfer. The supplied USB cable is only about 3-4in long, kind of inconvenient. The Samsung charging/USB cable works better and it also charges the case.
Yesterday I tried a little experiment, charged both phone and case to 100%, 12 hours later the phone was still at 100% and the case was down to 50%
I read the posts on the other forum and I see that most don't like the bulk, I have no problem with the size and charging time is about the same as the in phone battery. I'll have to wait and see if any issues come up after using it for a period of time.
One other odd thing is once the phone is charged to 100% it gives a notification that i should unplug the charger. I can turn off the PowerSkin, however, and just use the phone battery.

Reactions: Mr. Ed
Upvote 0
The battery is always 100% when I use the case. I get about 10-12 hrs from the case (keeping the phone battery at 100%). The case has 4 LED's on the back that indicate level of charge, 1=25%, 2=50%, 3=75%, 4=100%. I'm not sure how accurate they are because I had 3 LED's and I started listening to Pandora and within a few minutes the case was drained and the phone battery wasn't being charged.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones