1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Poweramp and Endomondo

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by semus, Nov 23, 2011.

1. semus

semus Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 20, 2011
    Male
    Hey,

Im using poweramp (V 2.0.1) and Endomondo, i use those apps together when im exercising, and a few weeks ago i updated one of them, and i have a new problem: once every 1km endomondo tells me how long have i been running, over the music, and until now it was a bit higher than the music, and the music would just keep playing as it did, but now when it tells me my time, its alot higher than the music, and the music's volume goes up to the same level as the endomondo sounds. so, its a little shock everytime it happens, and i can't understand what endomondo tells me.
    when i updated, at first the music would stop, endomondo would speak, and then the music would continue, which was annoying, so i tried different settings in both the apps and now it works together, but i don't know how to control each app's volume.

Anyone got a solution?

Thanks alot. Semus.

Advertisement

2. yeti101

yeti101 Newbie
    None

Jul 1, 2010
    use the app cardio trainer instead

Last time i tried edomondo it never had an option of giving me my "split times" for each kilometer but cardio trainer does. I've not had any problems with voice on CT. Music volume dips on poweramp when you get the stats voice.

http://www.worksmartlabs.com/cardiotrainer/about.php

sorry cant be more help.

semus likes this.
  3. semus

semus Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 20, 2011
    Male
    Thank you, but im already using endomondo for a few months and it has all my stats, and i don't want to start again with a new app..

also, it gives you split times of your 'laps' in the app and on the website.

Thanks, though. :)

4. yeti101

yeti101 Newbie
    None

Jul 1, 2010
    how do you carry the galaxy s2? do you have it on an armband? the phones quit big is it comfortable to run with strapped to your arm?

5. semus

semus Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 20, 2011
    Male
    Don't laugh at me... but im just holding it. I don't mind it.

Anyway, for my question in the first post, i've found a solution:

I went to Poweramp\ Settings\ Audio Engine\ Advanced tweaks\ and unticked 'Direct Volume Control'.
    Im not sure what it does, or how it affects the sound quality, but now that its ticked off, endomondo's sounds don't change the volume of poweramp, and thus my problem is fixed.

Hope this helps anyone.

6. Xiphan

Xiphan Lurker
    None

So I was trying to find info about whether or not Endomondo works with PowerAMP when I stumbled upon this thread. I know that pressing the music button launches the default HTC Music player, but I was wondering if I had music playing already through PowerAMP does Endomondo track it to your run?

When I bought myself a pair of Asics runnings shoes I received a free gift with them, a simple chest pouch that is just big enough to hold my Desire HD (which is roughly the same size as an S2). When I ran with that strapped to my chest it didn't feel uncomfortable at all. With an arm pouch I can't help but think it will feel weird running with something weighing down your one arm.