• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

PowerAMP and Music player unable to read sd card, but file manager can?

heyitsericc

Nov 2, 2010
next door
So I'm on the bus jamming out to music, when my HTC Legend stops playing. I turn it on to find the problem, and my PowerAMP can't read the files that are on my SD card. Re-installed, rescaned files, same problem. Tried the DEFAULT music app that came with the legend, and no songs were found.

Funny thing, I went on File Manger, and was able to open the files and play the music from there, but I had to manual pick out EVERY song, and I had to have music on, no multitasking. LOL!

Anyone know a fix to this, or experienced this?

So I'm on the bus jamming out to music, when my HTC Legend stops playing. I turn it on to find the problem, and my PowerAMP can't read the files that are on my SD card. Re-installed, rescaned files, same problem. Tried the DEFAULT music app that came with the legend, and no songs were found.

Funny thing, I went on File Manger, and was able to open the files and play the music from there, but I had to manual pick out EVERY song, and I had to have music on, no multitasking. LOL!

Anyone know a fix to this, or experienced this?

Found the solution. Had the same problem with u. In ur music folder, please delete albumart.pamp, after delete it, everything should be normal now..It works for me. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones