• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

PowerAMP audio player !!

I'm a bit confused about the folder view. It doesn't seem to show all my folders, and it doesn't show them as a hierarchy to browse through (I don't know if it should or not, but I thought that was half the point of a folder view).

Here's a simplified example. I have the folder structure:
Rock ----R Album 1
----------R Album 2

Pop------P Album 1
----------P Album 2

And what I get when I go to folder view is:

Rock
R Album 1
R Album 2
P Album 1
P Album 2

(No Pop, or other folder)

What I would like is to a) not have missing folders and b) have:

Rock
Pop

That I can click further into. But first things first, how does it work for you?

----
That out the way, this app is fantastic in many ways. Thank you to the dev for making it.

Upvote 0
I'm wanting to use this but it can't find my music. I even tried to drop some music into the folder it creates but nothing. Currently I have all of my music on emmc/mp3(folder I created), the htc player sees it and plays it fine. Where can I move my music so that poweramp recognizes my music/where is the best place to put my music. Thanks

In settings there is a 'music folders' option which lists every directory on your card. Tick the one where your music is and the app should find it. Handy for not having it play ringtones etc.

I am having same problem, I ticked the box for my music on both the sd card and the internal memory, but the internal doesn't show up. Tried powering on/off, double checked the name and location of folders, etc., but I can't get my music in the internal memory to show up. Any ideas?

Upvote 0
Do not install this app, it left my Galaxy S a horrible buggy mess. It is at best defective and at worst spyware. It cause all my home launcher programs (touchwiz and Launcher pro) to crash on start up, as well as froze my notification bar. it also kept poping up the warning symbol (red triangle with exclamation mark) asking me to unmount my sd card. It also Every time started up my skype every time on start up which is why I believe it to be spyware (PROBABLY trying to send sms to my contatcs in order to get them to go to virus sites or something). The only way to resore my phone to normal (uninstalling didnt work) was to factory wipe and hard reset my phone. AVOID AT ALL COSTS, or you

Upvote 0
Do not install this app, it left my Galaxy S a horrible buggy mess. It is at best defective and at worst spyware. It cause all my home launcher programs (touchwiz and Launcher pro) to crash on start up, as well as froze my notification bar. it also kept poping up the warning symbol (red triangle with exclamation mark) asking me to unmount my sd card. It also Every time started up my skype every time on start up which is why I believe it to be spyware (PROBABLY trying to send sms to my contatcs in order to get them to go to virus sites or something). The only way to resore my phone to normal (uninstalling didnt work) was to factory wipe and hard reset my phone. AVOID AT ALL COSTS, or you

Upvote 0
Druter only has one post and it seems to be blasting an app that people have had nothing but great things to say. I think it was just a hit and run attempt :)

Perhaps, but it bugs me when people say things that are easily proven false. The poster claims that the app is sending SMS messages to his friends, but it doesn't even have access to his address book, nor does it have the ability to send SMS messages. There is no way in the world that this could be true, but the OP claims it is anyway. I hate when people do that.

Upvote 0
I have only played with it for a couple of minets but so far I like it, I have yet to try it out with the controls on my headphones, if it doesn't work with the headphones then I don't think I will use it because it also doesn't have controls on the lock screen. I would make this my main media player if it had controls on the lock screen but I'm not sure if that is even possible because I have yet to find a player that does other than the stock player. I may get widget locker which would fix that because I could put the poweramp widget on the lockscreen.

Upvote 0
I have only played with it for a couple of minets but so far I like it, I have yet to try it out with the controls on my headphones, if it doesn't work with the headphones then I don't think I will use it because it also doesn't have controls on the lock screen. I would make this my main media player if it had controls on the lock screen but I'm not sure if that is even possible because I have yet to find a player that does other than the stock player. I may get widget locker which would fix that because I could put the poweramp widget on the lockscreen.

It has lockscreen controls but they're turned off by default. I can't speak to the headphone controls though, but the lock screen controls are there.

Upvote 0
Perhaps, but it bugs me when people say things that are easily proven false. The poster claims that the app is sending SMS messages to his friends, but it doesn't even have access to his address book, nor does it have the ability to send SMS messages. There is no way in the world that this could be true, but the OP claims it is anyway. I hate when people do that.

He was just a troll. No biggie.

Upvote 0
Do not install this app, it left my Galaxy S a horrible buggy mess. It is at best defective and at worst spyware. It cause all my home launcher programs (touchwiz and Launcher pro) to crash on start up, as well as froze my notification bar. it also kept poping up the warning symbol (red triangle with exclamation mark) asking me to unmount my sd card. It also Every time started up my skype every time on start up which is why I believe it to be spyware (PROBABLY trying to send sms to my contatcs in order to get them to go to virus sites or something). The only way to resore my phone to normal (uninstalling didnt work) was to factory wipe and hard reset my phone. AVOID AT ALL COSTS, or you’ll end up kicking yourself

Not one of those things are happening to me, I've been using the app for a week now...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones