1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Powering Down Problem..

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by namu1107, Jun 21, 2010.

1. namu1107

namu1107 Well-Known Member
    None

May 20, 2010
    Clinical Lab Scientist
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    So Im running Alyosius v12, and I can't power down. What happens is the power down screen comes up, and then just sits there. I notice that when it on that screen, on the blurry background (the homescreen), everytime I power do it looks as if a message from handcent comes through, because the notification is in the bar... but there is no message when I battery pull and restart. Any suggestions on why its doing this?

Edit: Tried deleting handcent, and it still does it. Maybe its not a handcent notification but something else? Its teal, but like I said, the screen blurs out so I can't tell what it is

Advertisement

2. erisuser1

erisuser1 Android Expert
    None

Nov 11, 2009
    There were some reports over on XDA about people that were overclocking experiencing this problem on certain ROMs; I can't remember if Aloysius was one of them or not. As an experiment, you could try turning down your Max speed in your profiles to see if that changes anything.

Just a guess - I don't know if that is the problem or not, esp. since you are seeing something unusual occur on the screen in the middle of the shutdown.

eu1

3. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Android Expert
    None

Mar 30, 2010
    I'm a cableguy....really
    Monterey, CA
    I had a rom before where i couldn't power down.
    Try downloading Quick Boot from the market.