1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Powering On: It keeps repeating and won't turn on

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mwjr, Feb 2, 2011.

1. mwjr

mwjr Newbie

I was getting the "Available memory low" warning on my phone and went in and turned off some apps. Now, when I turn on my phone, it keeps going back to the HTC screen (green text and white background) and announcing "DROOOIIID." It's in an endless loop.

Any suggestions on fixing this?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Extreme Android User

pull the battery, leave it out for ten minutes.

3. mwjr

mwjr Newbie

Thanks, but that didn't work for me. Pulled the battery and left it out while I was at a meeting for an hour. Put it back in and it still does it.

Any other ideas from anyone?

4. sdrawkcab25

you will need to boot into hboot and do a factory reset. Pull the battery, put it back in. Hold down the volume DOWN button, and then press and hold power till the phone turns on. Use the volume keys to highlight "clear storage" (or it might say "factory reset", been a while) and use the power key to select it, let it do it's thing and you should be good to go. YOU WILL LOSE ALL of your data, so I hope you had a backup.

After it's done you will need to re activate your phone by dialing *228 from the phone and using option 1.

There is other instructions here to perform a reset if you can't get that to work:
    http://androidforums.com/incredible...op-verizon-says-no-fix-will-ship-new-one.html
    These are the instructions from CDS:

5. RicLuther

RicLuther Lurker

Hi. I'm dealing with this issue currently. I just received my replacement phone, but am really upset because I have around 350 pics of my kids and such that I do not wnat to lose... I went to the local Verizon store several times for suggestions on how to remove the pics, but nothing worked. Not my phone won't reboot and I still haven't gotten my pics off. Are there no other options?

6. sdrawkcab25

Not unless you are rooted... Or if the pics are on the sd card then you have no problem.

7. blkbeltkid17

blkbeltkid17 Android Expert

i say get a replacement or wipe your phone either way sucks man sorry

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews