1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Powers itself on &off

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Wannabetexan, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Wannabetexan

Wannabetexan Lurker
    None

Jan 24, 2014
    I have a Galaxy Tab- plain &simple. It will turn off by itself (even if fully charged), & awhile later it may or may not just restart itself. Othertimes, when I power off, it will restart itself - just like a regular computer. Another problem I've been having is if I need to charge the battery, I won't get a good connection unless I restart. Any thoughts or insight?

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    The first could be a bad power switch.

The second could be a loose connection between the charger port and the motherboard (which can damage the motherboard, so it should be fixed as soon as possible) or a bad port or plug on the cable.

Wannabetexan likes this.
  3. exscentric

exscentric Member
    None

Dec 5, 2011
    Just some thoughts, you may have tried these.

Shutting off: There is a setting or two in settings that will allow it to shut down by itself.

Turning on: Apps can do this. I have a player that gives me fits with turning on and off and killing the battery. The only answer I've found is a task killer. I kill everthing before I turn it off and it works well. Your app manager or file explorer may allow for killing, if not there is one in the app store. The logo is the android man emblem and works well for me.

Also if you turn mine on and don't enter a password right away it darkens but is not off and will kill the battery.

As to charging -- some units will not charge from a desktop, and must use the charger. Also some cases tend to keep the plug from going clear into the socket.

If none of this works I'd say service if in warranty if someone more knowledgeable doesn't come along to help you.

Wannabetexan likes this.
  4. thedrizl

thedrizl Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 18, 2010
    Male
    jack-of-all-trades/master-of-none
    Warrenton, VA
    All else being equal, I'd say you've definitely got a rotten apple. Warranty service is likely the way to go. You'll drive yourself nuts with constantly applying bandaids to fix it, and you're probably gonna encounter more issues as time goes on.

Wannabetexan likes this.