1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

powersaving app

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by rajanm1, Sep 4, 2011.

1. rajanm1

rajanm1 Member

hiya,

I have been trying to find the name of the app that automatically saves power by switching 3g on automatically only when the screen is on (or the power button is pressed or something) and then automatically switches it off when the screen is off...i remember reading about it but cant find its name anywhere! :thinking:

thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. marctronixx

moved to app section for more help.

3. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Its Green Power.

4. rodgerq

rodgerq Lurker

i use juice defender it seems to do the trick. defo notice a difference in how long the battery lasts on my Sensation. still got a spare in the wallet at all times though :-S

5. flamespirit

flamespirit Newbie

i'd suggest using juice defender as well, since you'll lose functionality if you turn of your 3G when your screen is off. Since then you wont be able to receive whatsapp messages or get called on skype.

6. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Green power turns off mobile internet when the screen is off, then you set a timer for it to check for incoming data, for example every 15min, with a window of 1min. For example, if you had your phone screen off for one hour, your phone would have had been online for 4min if nothing was syncing. Also it wont turn off net if there currently was an ongoing activity using internet.

7. angldvl81

angldvl81 Android Expert

i also use JuiceDefender. the free version works well, and the paid version you can customize alot more and set schedules for peak hours and weekends as well as nights

8. JaSauders

JaSauders Well-Known Member

I hear a lot of talk about Green Power and Juice Defender which seems to constantly reference mobile internet. What about wifi? Or bluetooth? How does it handle those things if they are kept on?

9. rajanm1

rajanm1 Member

cheers all! i have to say i downloaded green power and it works great! exactly what i needed :) does mobile data, wi-fi and bluetooth!

10. Knitewulf

Knitewulf Android Enthusiast

Which do you think is better Green Power or Juice Defender? I haven't used Green Power, but I have been using Juice Defender and when my screen shuts off it stops Pandora which is annoying.