• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Practice / Work App for Musicians, Athletes, professionals?

coolbone

Mar 21, 2010
Philadelphia
Hello,

I am looking for an app that would help me as a musician get better organization of my warmup and practice routines. Ideally, it would function as a basic shopping list but would also allow the incorporation of audio files and .pdf's in order to show staff music and play either examples or other tools (such as a monotone drooooooone).

I think this would be easily adaptable as either a fitness app (in order to gauge performance and what helped the most) or a basic scheduler that also is more powerful than a simple calendar. Think if you went to the gym, opened up the app, had a set list of exercises with a video of correct form, and could easily notate how many reps you did! You could even change the order of the activities, or just keep it general as in "You selected Arms and Legs today: here are some suggested exercises"

I only use the fitness analogy because I think more people go to the gym than they do play a musical instrument. :-D

So you know where I'm coming from: I am a student of classical music performance at a major conservatory who has made a hobby of android/general computing. Unfortunately, I have not developed my programming to the point where I could realize my ideas, so I come to you guys for some guidance.

If there's anything that piques your interests, please PM me so we can talk about it.

And a Happy Thanksgiving to you all! (even the non-Americans!)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones