1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Pre-loading apps

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by DPav, Dec 21, 2011.

1. DPav

DPav Lurker

I would like to able to preload Android Tablets with specific Apps prior to release to our client base.

Is it possible to then remove the Google account used for set up so the new user will have to enter their own without affecting the pre-loaded apps. Any help would be most appreciated.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

Welcome to AF :D

I am not sure what exactly what you are trying to do. Are you trying to download apps from the market then selling the device with the apps but not your google account? If so I don't think you can do so without removing your google account since the puchases/download on the device are attached to your account.

If you are making a custom OS version on the firmware you could add the app to /system on the device memory so it would survive a factory reset. I would suggest if you do this to check with the dev of the app to make sure it is okay if you distribute the app that way.

If you don't care if they survive a factory reset you could just sideload the apps and never sign into google on the device. Of course I would still suggest checking with the dev before doing this for the same reasons.

3. DPav

DPav Lurker

Thanks for the reply

Nothing underhanded going on, we have been asked by some to purchase and set up the tablets on their behalf with RDP's etc. Looks like we may just have to write a set up guide for them instead.

Cheers