• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pre-ordered my Evo today; one quick question

I pre-ordered an Evo today and should have it in 3-5 days. I have a question. I have three email accounts: gmail, yahoo and my work email (a pop account). Does the Evo give a visual notification of new emails? What about new texts?

Yes you can customize the EVO to flash the led for certain notifications such as email, texts, missed calls, etc. The screen will remain black when receiving a new notification but once you've pressed the lock/unlock button the notification will appear on the lock screen, along with a preview of the notification. While on your home screen the notification bar at the top of the phone can be pulled down to view all your notifications, clicking on a notification will take you directly to the app. Hope i answered your questions.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones