1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

precautious parent

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kevan81, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Kevan81

Kevan81 Lurker

Hi peeps my 1st post so here goes. My daughter has is now at the age where she is wanting a mobile phone and as she is probably one of many few at school who doesnt have one and is also getting to the point where i need to reluctently let go and give her a bit of independance and let her go off with her friends to theirs or local park or community centre. as part of my conditions of saying yes i'm getting her a phone where i can trace where she is, but only i have a Htc wildfire s which i mainly use for work and i think is an ideal 1st phone for her. Is there an app which allows me to do this before i go spending money? Or is it just Apple as i know you can with them as my wife found out she can track my Iphone from her Ipod.....Thanks Apple!! lol. any help is much appreciated.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

Check with your carrier. I'm on Verizon and they have a plan for doing just that and it is through the carrier so it cannot be disabled.

Just a thought.

3. bruno19

bruno19 Newbie

My son is 10, and for Christmas he was given an Iphone 3g for a present by a relative. As much as he enjoys the phone, I will only let him use it in the house etc.

I have also got him a cheap

4. Hexx

Hexx Member

HTC did provide free tacking software for their HTC phones but unfortunately, that service has recently closed. However, there are several apps on the Google Play store that allow you to see where the phone is at any given time. They all make use of the GPS function of the phone - the downside to this of course is that your daughter could turn it off if she wants to remain hidden.

Probably one of the best know tracking and security apps is Lookout Security.

Ben.

5. Sidney808

Sidney808 Newbie

Other than downloading an app, on the virgin mobile web site, you can log in and see every call and text to and from her phone. You can also view Her minutes used and etc so that's a good route to go as well, since she is only ten and will hardly be going to bad places d:

HTC Wildfire S Forum

The HTC Wildfire S release date was May 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

May 2011
Release Date
Reviews