• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Precious photos lost in failed move operation

Leeson

Lurker
May 16, 2020
Hi all, a year's worth of work photos regarding an archaeological project I'm managing has gone missing on my Galaxy A20, after my attempt to move them all to the cloud failed. There are 700 jpeg photos that I pray are somewhere on my phone, despite no longer being available in Gallery.

Is there someone who can advise please just how I can locate where to salvage my photos?
Thanks so very much, in advance.

Leeson

Exactly how did you try moving your photos to the cloud?
That's a really important question, it might be very revealing if you could provide more details about what happened.

Were you 'moving' those photos or 'copying' them? What app were you using which online storage service?
Also, I wouldn't necessarily rely upon the Gallery app to determine if those photos are actually gone. It's just a default photo manager app with rudimentary functionality.Your A20 includes Samsung's basic file manager app, My Files. Look for it in your Apps menu and use it to look for a DCIM or Photos folder -- if you open up your Camera app and dig through the app's Settings menu there will be default save option. That will reveal which folder to look inside and confirm whether those photos are or aren't gone.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones