• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Predict the 5 AT&T Android Phone

Uh, I believe the promise was for us to 'have' 5 android phones by the end of Q2...announcements don't mean jack.

Though I am hoping that all the pressure they've been receiving from other outlets and the outright anger at the 2 substandard devices actually released led them to release this info to appease us for now.

Upvote 0
Yeah, the Aero announcement has me rather worried...seriously how many months has it been since they talked about that one?

Of course the demand for that one wasnt exactly high considering the specs....

Well, Dell is new to the phone arena so I wouldn't be surprised if the Aero not showing up is due to them and not AT&T. A Samsung phone being announced I think is a pretty solid indication that it will be coming. It's just a question of when.

Upvote 0
First post! :D

Hopefully by posting in this board I can avoid all the "Just switch to Verizon/T-Mobile/blahblah" replies. ;)

Anyhow... would it be safe to assume that any Android phone released by AT&T is going to be bogged down with un-uninstallable AT&T crap and locked to not run unsigned apps? As much as I'd love a cheaper subsidized phone, I'd prefer an unrestricted and open phone even more. Wondering if I should stop waiting on AT&T and just buy the Nexus One from Google (or some other phone somewhere else...?).

I was playing with an HTC Incredible last week... not sure how much longer I can tolerate my existing dinosaur phone...

Upvote 0
dont put faith in future rooting...you might be disappointed. Especially since they are AT&T only phones. People may not bother. Many of us on this board are jonesing for a good android phone. We are hoping this Samsung is it, but as you know AT&Ts commitment to Android is less than stellar, so if you 'can' switch I personally would. If you can't then N1 really is the 'safest' bet for support

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones