• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Prediction getting stuck?

Anyone have a problem with prediction getting stuck in web browsers (default Browser and Dolphin)? When I try to enter a URL like "www.youtube.com" into the search/go form, the prediction will pop up and stop at "www." or sometimes "www.y" with no option for me to use the URL that I typed. So if I hit the Go button, I end up Google searching "www." since "www." isn't a valid URL.

It's stuck at "www.y" even when I'm done typing "www.youtube.com". It stopped at "www.eng" when I typed in "www.engadget.com". The stuck prediction popup will stay on screen without any option to use what I typed instead of the stuck suggestion.

The only workaround I have so far is to type in the URL without a www. When I do this, sometimes I don't get a popup with suggestions while other times I get a popup with the only text being what I type as I'm typing it and the popup disappears after I hit the .com key.

I've only noticed this happening in web browsers so far. Prediction works as expected in text messaging and notepad apps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones