• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Predictive text missing

Not according to this article. I won't have my S7 Edge for 2 weeks so I have to go by this.

"The Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge have some amazing features on this smartphone. Predictive text on the Samsung Galaxy S7 is an input technology that suggests words based on the context of the message and the first typed letters.

This feature makes it so much easier and faster to text someone on your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge smartphone. Below we’ll explain how to turn off predictive text on the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge."

http://recomhub.com/blog/how-to-turn-off-predictive-text-on-galaxy-s7-and-galaxy-s7-edge/

Upvote 0
I forgot to update with what happened. Sorry. I finally found a random techy who suggested I start it in safe mode and let it be in safe mode for 4 hours then restart.
I did the safe mode thing but got impatient after 30 mins. Restarted. All brand new again.
Thank you random techy!
Screenshot_20160624-010944.png

Upvote 0
Old problem for those in this thread. New problem for me. I have an S7. A couple months ago predictive text disappeared. No fix yet. I'll try this 4 hours in safe mode jive tonight. I saw another thread where someone said the fix was to hold the down-volume button and the power button for 15 secs. of course, not a fix.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones