• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Predictive text (saved text correction)

irmac

Android Enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
You know how when you type something incorrectly it corrects it to the most likely word? Well, in a few cases I have saved words on accident, like I saved the word "tou" once by accident. So now every time I type that it stays at that and doesn't auto correct to "you." How can I go into my saved words or even predictive text menu and edit words?

Thanks

I've not seen a way that you can selectively remove words that you've added over time, but you can reset it all back to zero... Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> Touch Input -> Clear Data.

This will clear out all your custom dictionary words. I've done it a couple of times due to having some mistakes in there that continue to appear. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones