1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Preferred network type?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by goat-head, Jul 12, 2011.

1. goat-head

goat-head Member
    None

May 11, 2011
    East freakin' Coast
    In the "testing" menu for Samsung Fascinate, what should be checked for generalized/optimal preferred network type? cdma, gsm, evdo, wcdma, etc... I'm just curious?
    Also, is there a different number to call for checkin? It's *#*#checkin#*#* for my Ally!
    Anyone able to answer this?? Any ideas or advice very much appreciated! C'mon, I know someone has the answer to this seemingly simple inquiry?Thanks....:cool:

Advertisement

2. kejlyCZ

kejlyCZ Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 6, 2010
    Male
    occupied
    Planet Earth
  3. goat-head

goat-head Member
    None

May 11, 2011
    East freakin' Coast
    Thanks for the response man, but I'm just lookin' for generalized/optimal preferred network type for Fascinate? cdma, gsm, evdo, wcdma, etc...
    I really do appreciate your response though!!

4. kejlyCZ

kejlyCZ Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 6, 2010
    Male
    occupied
    Planet Earth
    Generally, it doesn't matter how it's set. Just if more network types are present (which means most of the time in well covered areas), the phone will hook into the preferred network type.
    You can change this, for example if your spend most of the time in places with bad preferred network type coverage. Then the prone switches to other network type if the preferred is lost, if it appears again, it will switch to preferred type again and this drains the battery a lot. In this case, you can set as preferred the most reliable network type and save battery.