1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Preinstalled apps that can be deleted safely

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wdw3082, Jan 13, 2014.

1. wdw3082

wdw3082 Newbie
    None

Jan 10, 2014
    Male
    Stage Technician at Walt Disney World
    Longwood, Florida
    I was wondering if anyone has a list of preinstalled apps that are safe to delete that will not affect the performance and operation of the N3. I do not plan to root my phone so the other posts here will not help. Thank you.

Advertisement

2. KJohns

KJohns ROM/Application Developer
    None

Dec 1, 2011
    Male
    student/intern
    Illinois - U.S.
    here's a list of apps you can remove for the note. (in order to delete some of these you will need root access. just an fyi)

---> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ZzBfWlR4MC03aDMyZ1BDUFNqU0E&usp=sharing#gid=0

wdw3082 likes this.
  3. dynomot

dynomot Android Expert
    None

Dec 4, 2011
    Male
    Sheffield U.K
    If your rooted a good way of learning is to use TitaniumBackup (from the Play Store) to "freeze" apps you don't need or want. This has two advantages. One if you "freeze" something you thought you didn't need and something else you do need relies upon it you can "defrost" it and if you ever decide you do need a certain app. you can "defrost" it and be good to go without having to hunt down it's apk to re install (which can be a bind for system apps)

KJohns and wdw3082 like this.
  4. KJohns

KJohns ROM/Application Developer
    None

Dec 1, 2011
    Male
    student/intern
    Illinois - U.S.
    true, true.. I like deleting stuff i won't use off of my device though lol. good method for figuring out which apps to remove before you make an error (@ titanium backup)

wdw3082 likes this.
  5. wdw3082

wdw3082 Newbie
    None

Jan 10, 2014
    Male
    Stage Technician at Walt Disney World
    Longwood, Florida
    Thank you for the replies. I do not plan on rooting my N3 at this moment, how ever if I do I will keep this for future use.

dynomot and KJohns like this.
  6. Bodycount

Bodycount Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 10, 2012
    Male
    Columbus, OH
    Never delete, always freeze.

I've seen updates fail for people who delete core system apps that the update needed. Then they are scrambling to find a backup from someone and waste time doing it when all they could have done was thaw the app then update.

I screwed up my first Droid Razr by deleting apps. Saw some yahoo app on the list and thought to myself I never use yahoo so I deleted it. Come to find out it linked up with my contact book and I couldn't use that anymore. Getting a backup didn't fix it so I had to send it back for warranty repair (after unrooting it of course). Told the guy it never worked right since I got it and luckily the guy didn't know better and gave me a new phone lol.

Lesson learned.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 launched in 2012 and was the company's flagship phablet. The device featured a 5.7-inch display with a 1920 x 1080 resolution, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 13MP main camera.